Labelling the kitchen cabinets



I have retired from work on April 12, 2019. Now I have to cook for dinner.

After spending three months for about less than an hour a day in the kitchen on weekdays to prepare for dinner, I find that I am unable to find some kitchen groceries at times.

I noticed my kitchen is getting messy yesterday. Immediately, after breakfast with my wife this morning, I started off by cleaning one of the kitchen window panel and the grill.

As the tabletop gets wet, I removed all items on it to another corner of my kitchen and as I was cleaning, and then, the idea of checking the cabinets comes in.

One after another, I checked each and every item in each compartment of the cabinets and took all items inside out, cleaned the empty compartment, waited for the inner walls of the compartment to dry and placed back the items in proper order.

In the process of arranging the items in each compartment, I check the validity of each item and I discard these items away,

  • 4 packets of Nissin instant noodles – expired on 17 July 2018
  • 1 packet of Myojo Mee Poh – expired on 8 January 2019
  • 1 packet of IndoMie Mi Goreng – expired on 2 April 2019
  • 1 packet of SamYang Spicy Hot Chicken Ramen – expired on 15 November 2018
  • 1 packet of SamYang Unflavored Noodle – expired on 3 September 2019
  • 1 packet of Ruski Perisa Tom Yam – expired on 2 February 2019
  • 1 packet of Laopai Spicy Hotpot Seasoning – expired on 4 May 2018
  • 2 packets of Zhoujunji Hot Spicy Seasoning – expired on 13 June 2019
  • 1 packet of Sempio Chuncheon Spicy Chicken Sauce – expired on 7 March 2019
  • 3 cans of Newmoon King Top Shell – expired on 5 May 2019, 11 October 2018 and 28 April 2019 respectively
  • 1 can of Newmoon Sea Asparagus – expired on 30 March 2019
  • 1 can of Newmoon Fishmaw Soup – expired on 13 October 2018
Expired Items


Knowing one can be forgetful, I arranged those with the furthest date of expiry deeper into the compartment and those with the nearest expiry nearest to the cabinet compartment door.

To prevent stocking item beyond its date of expiry, or stocking the same item in two or more different kitchen cabinets compartments and to let one to find an item easily, I want to label the compartments.

After my chicken rice for lunch this afternoon, I went to the Popular Book Outlet at Plaza Melaka, in Bachang to get one bundle of 10 sheets POP Bazic A4 size PVC Cover at Ringgit Malaysia Four and cents Forty-five only and a 0.8 to 1.2 mm PX-21`paint marker at RM$8.50.

To find what you want at Popular Book, check here www.popularonline.com.my

Upon reaching home, I don’t wait for tomorrow and begin to label my kitchen cabinets. WATCH



Comments