My first breakfast in Navy Café No. 5 Jalan Hang Lekiu, 75200 Melaka


Crossing the still-standing once bombed Tan Kim Seng bridge, the journey through Heeren Street is totally different from the Night Walk I discovered on 12 February 2019.

Swaying right twice, my daughters and me are on the lookout for a vacant parking lot immediately after the over head Jonker Walk Arch goes further and further behind us.

It is a Saturday, and you must know that public Parking is now Free, introduced by the Pakatan Harapan government not long after they won the general election last year.

I am so lucky to find one vacant parking lot just in front of the Geographer Café.

It took us only two minutes for us to walk from our car to the Navy Café on Jalan Hang Lekiu.
Danielle pushed the left sliding door and I pulled it back to closing position after find table number 2 as our favorite choice.

Seated on table number 1 are two German girls.

The menu came.
Ginger has my attention and hot drink is my priority, so Ginger Oolong is ordered.

About Melaka
I didn’t notice that Sandra has ordered Sauteed Mushroom on Toast while I was anticipating if Avocado Salad pleases me.

Pondering for a little while what to eat, finally is a go for the salad where avocado mixes with greens of wild rocket, green coral, cherry tomato, strawberry, toasted bread and a poached egg.

I forked twice avocado pieces and dipped into a cup of dark sauce to begin with and that skeptical action prompted Danielle to highlight, “ Pa, this balsamic sauce, and it tastes nice. I will dress your salad with this balsamic vinegar ”

Seasoned, my avocado salad is simply marvelous and I finished it all, clean.

I just wonder why Danielle selected Buttery Croissant with Chicken Ham and Cheese. She is paying for the breakfast and she could order something better but she is adamant with the plate of soft and flaky croissant with chicken ham and melted cheddar cheese inside, served with scramble egg and house salad. I like the appetizing wavy golden orangy tender scamble egg.

In between one two forking of salad, the girls from Hamburg commented about their experience in Melaka in particular, and Malaysia in general.

She finds Melaka is a safe place to visit but overall cleanliness is an average.

Foods are not cheap but many can speak English Language and they are generally friendly.
Both the girls have visited Penang, Kuala Lumpur and they are spending their third day in Melaka before leaving for Singapore tomorrow.


Comments