Love takes it all - only in Machap Baru



Sunday 16 September 2018
Selamat Menyambut Hari Malaysia !


Machap Baru, thy beauty is to me

… Like those Quayside barks of yore,
Gulp by gulp, o’er a colorless river,
… The un-weary unloader shouldered
… Goods to his own river bank.
 (Melaka River Mouth)
On desperate jungle, farmer wont to roam,
… Thy classic face, thy village airs,
Thy kampung feel, have brought me home
… To the glory that was Machap
… Adding grandeur to Melaka.
(Machap Baru)


Unusual, but for this time I cracked my head to come out with the poem above, because two beautiful moments seized me when I am in the Dewan SRJK (C) Machap Baru.


  1. Kok Liam whispered to me, " The villagers come together on every village occasion "
  2. Ginie Lim's portrayal of love to the young ones and not forgetting the old

Image Source : Kok Liam, Machap Baru

It all started with an Invitation.

Indeed an invitation extended by love and only love could bear more fruits of love.

Kok Liam, Ming Hu's dad and me are enjoying packed rice on the left side of the school hall, and there is no doubt or hestitation to agree with Kok Liam in recognition of the big family-ties in existence in Machap Baru.

That makes me choose the title of this blog post - Love takes it all - only in Machap Baru.

Next, Ginie closes up to kids she could put her eyes on in between adults as she get off from a car, on Machap Walk at 8:39 pm. She has affection for the children and reading in her eyes, the message is clear,  for me to know that she hope the kids of Machap Baru would grow up well.

Kind of an affirmation, she is "telling me" that I am not able to leave the title of this blog post and choose another.

Machap Baru now has a practical Wakil Rakyat after 60 years of independence though all the former Wakil Rakyats are good. [ Listen her words from 5 min 10 sec to 5 min 25 sec ]


It is disheartened to know that mid-autumn celebration of this nature was not possible in the past when the elders proposed to Ginnie years ago but with patience over time, the hope become a reality today.

While Ming Hu and his dad make preparation in the school hall, Ming Hu's mum organizes the mid-autumn lantern competition.

Chang Sem Hau is watching a group of the men and women peeling the pomelo, a citrus fruit abundance in Machap Baru when Ming Hu introduced me to Chang.

After I captured the school hall during the latter sun, Kok Liam come to sight at the main entrance of the hall officiated by Tun Dr. Ling Liong Sik.

My best blessing for the mid-autumn today is to get a hand embrace from Kok Liam's mother.

The whole festive mood is HERE.


Comments