Seize The Moment for Portuguese Settlement and Kingfisher


Image Owner https://generalabout.blogspot.my


After busy whatsapping to my Malay friends on the last two nights of Lailatul Qadar, I lazily woke up to a morning of a mild steel blue-greys sky.

My wife was still sleeping soundly, when I scrapped an apple which I did almost every morning to munch before breakfast.

Since it was a holiday for the first day of Aidilfitri, I reviewed my social media platforms to identify for improvement because I like and has wanted to contribute to Melaka progress. I have this idea of making Melaka a better place since 1986 when I began work with Nationwide Express, a courier services company. 

Soon, I got married in 1988 and was pretty busy with my career until a first reunion of the old boys of Malacca High School in 2009. The latest, HSOB 73 - 77 Ramada Plaza. From the Mahkota Century Meet, arose a good compromising of time between career and leisure where friends requested for a platform to keep in touch. That is how I come to be a user of Blogger, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

Starting with a Samsung S3 as a hardware tool, slowly I have the Samsung S5, later the S6, a Sony Cyber Shot camera, a Sony 4K Handycam, a Huawei Mate 9 and lately a DJI Spark, spreading over the last 10 years. I have always knew that photography is an expensive hobby but an interesting hobby which goes with experience and patience.

It was a 'gift' when I was seizing some moments with my mini-drone, the DJI Spark within the Medan Selera MBMB courtyard where a row of Portuguese restaurants get busy before sunset to serve dinners. 

I met BK Eng.

He gives me 2 photos he shot with his EM5MK2 Pana Leica 100-400mm and here they are :



Source : BK Eng Photography
EM5MK2 Pana. Leica 100-400mm @F6.3, 1/2000 s
ISO-2500 @400mm
Collared Kingfishers
Todiramphus chloris

You can also view the above photo in Flicker to enjoy a higher resolution and read details of the shot. [ https://flic.kr/p/289SzSy ] This kingfisher is shot with BK Eng's camera in the Portuguese Settlement.

The next photo BK Eng gives me the Collared Kingfishers Todiramphus Chloris [ Flicker HD Photo link https://flic.kr/p/28a3jSd .



Source : BK Eng Photography
EM5MK2 Pana. Leica 100-400mm @F5.6, 1/400 s
ISO-250 @280mm
Collared Kingfishers
Todiramphus chloris



You see ! ... not only I could enjoy the Portuguese cuisine, but also the Portuguese community abilities on the musical performances and dances, their Intrudu fiesta, San Pedro event, the year end Christmas celebrations but also the nature of beauty, the kingfisher, among the many.

Visit Portuguese Settlement today !


Watch a Preview on YouTube. Please like video, share video and subscribe channel, thank you.






Here is the Facebook Page About Melaka.




Other Blog Post on Portuguese Settlement :


Comments