香叶海鲜卷 Pandan Seafood Roll

My close friend Choong and Mykel motivated me to throw myself in the kitchen this morning. Why ?

This is because they enjoy sharing with me what they dished out regularly from their kitchens in Johor Bahru and Klang respectively. Frankly, I was a full-time cook from 1999 to 2001 and a houseman before I started working again. It has been almost fifteen years I have not dished out a single plate or bowl of food on my dinner table. For that, I am thankful to God and my wife.

After getting the ingredients from the Bukit Cina wet market, I am lucky to be given plenty of Daun Pandan from my aunty Mrs. Soon.

I started to prepare this Pandan Seafood Roll by ten.

Ingredients

-1/2 kg prawns
-1/2 kg pork
-1/2 kg sotong (if you like)
-1/2 kg fish meat (if you like)
-50 Pandan leaf
-5 stalk lemongrass
-10 shallots
-10 garlic
-5 turmeric
-some toothpick

Seasonings

-2 tsp pepper powder
-2 tsp sugar
-4 tsp seasame oil
-10 tsp light soya sauce

Method

1 Blend lemongrass, garlic, shallots and turmeric well, mix in prawns, sotongs, fish meat paste and minced pork meat and add seasonings and mix well.

2 Rinse Pandan leaf, and cut into 100 pieces of 6-inches lengths.

3 Roll up seafood mixture with Pandan leaf, and skewer with toothpick.

4 Steam seafood rolls for between 15 to 20 minutes, remove and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.

5 Serve.

Enjoy. Have a nice day.



Pandan leaf from Mrs Soon's garden

Prawns from Bukit Cina wet market



Pork from Bukit Cina wet market


Pepper from Chinese Herbal shop


National blenders and rice cookers


Raw Pandan Seafood Rolls

Comments