”我是演说家“,马来西亚 胡渐彪!说出了大马华人心声!



On Mobile
#ChineseLanguage


The Chinese must learn Chinese Language because the language itself is art, and a culture of traditions.

The Chinese love Malaysia and they also love the Chinese Language. Understanding of the Chinese Language means understanding the Chinese cultures and traditions. The Chinese cultures and traditions in China is long, wide and in depth.

My first girl went to a Chinese school. It was my wife's idea. At first, I objected but I gave in. Since then, off and on, I worried and worried that their English Language might slack. My 2nd girl went to Chinese school too. True enough, both their English proficiency fell below what I expected.

When the time came for my youngest who is a boy, I enrolled him in the English class with a Chinese nursery school. My wife and me were startled when he hesitated to attend class on his new journey with Pay Fong 2.

He didn't know how to write his Chinese name and when he asked his mother and me to teach him how to write his name in Chinese, we failed. Soon, he overcome the barrier and we were at ease.

Danielle improved her English Language significantly while in the university and ended up with an Honours and that opened up her younger sister mind, Sandra. Sandra quickly picked up her English Language while doing her hospitality course with the guide of the Google Translate that helped her to get a Diploma certificate.

To my surprise, permit me to say, that today my son write solid English Language and Bahasa and of course Chinese to his school principal and teachers on library matters and other extra-curricular activities.

He and his sisters, now help me to name the titles for my blog post on http://generalabout.blogspot.com/ and my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/malacca2u1.

Today, my uncles, and cousins from China, Canada, France, and Singapore and Vietnam said that if I would to understand the Chinese Language, I would be very useful to China since my English Language is okay.

Recently, over lunch, the father to the present President of the Taiwan Graduates Association of Melaka told me that one very able English-educated man was offered an extremely well-paid job in China but failed and returned back to Singapore because he don't understand the Chinese Language and thus communication breakdown could have made him took the return.

I am English-educated. High School-lah! (During that time, just after 1957 and before conversion to the Kebangsaan medium, English Language was common and valued.)


Dari Cina pergi Melaka
Ayah gua orang Cina
Bahasa Cina gua peka
Gua pun orang Cina

Gua peka maksud mendalam
Budak High School susah memaham
Cina panjang lebar mendalam
Bahasanya dunia mau faham

Gua terlambat mau faham
Bahasa Cina pu tong
Anak gua boleh faham
Bagi mereka ia pu tong

(Pantun ini adalah 'Original' atau 'Asal'
ilham blogger ini setelah membaca tajuk sembang
dalam WhatsApp bekas murid Sek Tinggi Melaka
ataupun Malacca High School)

Comments