Kite Festival 2014 | Melaka - 13 - 14 September



On Mobile
#Kite



At least we still have wind. The environmentalists would like to hear that. 

Kite reminds me of my childhood. Buddies would like to hear that.

I met Mr. Lee, the President of the Singapore Kite Association at the Dataran 1Malaysia, in Klebang, Melaka this afternoon.

Kite invented in China is now popular in many countries.

Two members of the Singapore Kite Association's team who are in the field let me try the string of each of their kite afloat in the air high up.

He guided me to feel the forces of the wind. When the wind is taking charge, I have to let it be. If the wind is not taking charge then I have to pull the kite.

Wow! Do you know that they fly kites at night too and those kites glow like lanterns in the dark sky. How beautiful?

It was fun to have the chance to meet and chat with a young group of Malay boys and girls. The boys are from other States of Malaysia who are studying in Politeknik Melaka while the girls are from Melaka.

These boys and girls describe to me how they make kites.

I asked a Singapore's flyer, "What if it rains, will the kite get wet?" He told me, it is of no problem as canvas is used instead of paper and carbon rod is used instead of bamboo sticks.

When his kite rested on the ground, I video his kite with nine carps swimming towards the top where the Singapore Merlion is. The nine carps lined up in the shape of an eight (8).

According to the Chinese, the nine carps lining up in the shape of an eight means 旺旺久久.

I hope they would read this post and keep this post as a record of our acquaintance, and shall we meet again in next year Kite Festival 2015, it would be a nice one.

Comments