Quayside Walkway, Melaka



On the 31st August, I woke up early as my country celebrate her 56th independence anniversary. I wanted to see the national day parade. 

I parked my car at the Sterling Hotel and took a walk to the Stadhuys. The Dutch's make building still carry the same colour and I noted that work-in-progress to preserve the heritage is In the making.

Some 200 feet away were some policemen and the entire atmosphere within the vicinity is rejuvenating. Siding myself to the river, groups of fishes secured my attention to forming ripples here and there.

Instead of waiting for the parade to start, I headed back to where I began. When I reached this spot, I digitsed this part of the Quayside walkway for sharing in this post to the world. 

I like to the old offices there because no where in Melaka could I find a replica of such beauty. Just above where I was standing there was an advocate and solicitor firm, once Lawrence would puff his cigar in between questions. On the right side, one shop housed books managed by the Lim Brothers. Couple of doors after the book store was occupied by the United Malayan Banking Corporation. As I sweet dreamed at this spot ... a police big-bike zoomed pass followed by motorcades of the Governor of Melaka, Tun Mohd Khalil bin Yaakob.

I told myself, it is a moment of greatness to be able to walk upon heritage left by the people of Portugal in 1511, the Dutch in 1647, the British in 1826 ...

Comments