Not until roti canai breakfast …



www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do

http://cruises-news.blogspot.com
November is a wet month for Melaka. Each day we journeyed through the same flyover above the Melaka River and the Duck Tour is a common sight. At times, we saw long vessels in between the line dividing the water and the sky. The length of the long to our eyes is something like 10 cm in height by some 100 cm in length and imagination tell us how far the vessels were. Today the waterfront is different.

We saw a huge cruise liner. My wife said, “It is Star Cruise” I kept quiet and pay attention on the wet road after a heavy downpour but the attractive liner makes me glanced at it for a few times. My mind poked me that it is not easy to see such a huge liner coming so close the mouth of Melaka River. I thought I must go to the Jetty that night to get short video of the cruise liner but the weather dampened me. I had never see one like that in 52 years. Never mind, I didn’t take any picture or video of her as simple kampong lifestyle has made inroads to my soul since I married my wife. I know it is going to be great for the YouTube Channel, www.youtube.com/user/malacca2u1 But, on a rainy day and at night ? We’re just off from work. Is it sampat to do that ? (sampat is a local slang for being foolish) So, I gave up.

Next morning, I drove to work. I ordered a plate of nasi lemak with half a hard-boiled egg, and a spoon-full of sambal squids. My boss, Chuan, got a side order of more sambal squids to me. That was my breakfast on Saturday. This morning, we supposed to have tosai at Little India of Melaka but ended up at a roti canai stall at the Jalan Panjang Madrasah. While waiting for the roti canai, I picked up the Melaka Hari Ini or MHI newspaper priced at Ringgit Malaysia One and cents fifty. The headline is written The Royal Caribbean.

Gosh. The Royal Caribbean and not the Star Cruise.
To me, Caribbean is remember as a luxury place. I confided in young, I cannot dream for going there. We learn about Caribbean in school. The Caribbean Sea is the arm of the Atlantic Ocean in between the East Coast of Central America and the North Coast of South America. Connected on the North-West with the Gulf of Mexico by Yucatan Strait, and with the Pacific by the Panama Canal. Caribbean takes its name from the Caribbee Islands and for centuries it has been the busiest shipping route.

As I emerged from the AEON Jusco Bandaraya Store after lunch time, I said to my wife, “We can board the Royal Caribbean from Melaka to Singapore.” She must be a great ship to be onboard. My cousins who have make Canada their home, have gently asked me about visiting them and they know I prefer cruising to flying. Oh yes, my cousins have enjoyed the Caribbean Cruise. With the Royal Caribbean, I think I could visit not just the Canadian cousins, but also others in France, Australia, Hong Kong and China.



Comments