Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan AL-Mubarak 2014

When Ramadhan approaches, my first thought is about fasting.

Next thought would be on Buka Puasa.


I have many Malay friends, most of them are closed-ones. I inherited their friendships from young when we got acquainted with each other in classes at schools. They ranged from the son of a former Governor to a son bullock-cart owner. We still keep in touch today.

On entering the workforce, I accumulated more Malay friends as north as Sintok to as south as Johor Bahru within the Peninsula and a few from Sabah and Sarawak.

As for the distant ones, we usually send our greetings between each other through the short-messaging-system earlier and now more through whatsapp and LINE.

As for the near-ones, we would wish them “Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan” during the week before the 1st day of Ramadhan.

Today, I bought five boxes of Kurma-Dates of Tunisia origin distributed in Malaysia by Yusuf Taiyoob Sdn. Bhd. Log onto www.yuta.com

According to the guides on the boxes, I learned that the Dates may be consumed for different purposes, on its own, as snacks, with cereals, with yogurt, in confectionary and pastries, in baking and in cooking. And dates syrup, as healthy drink. Good breakfast meal to start the day energetically.

In the Malay Language, it read like this, ‘ Buah kurma adalah sejenis buah dari tumbuhan palma yang kaya dengan zat besi, kalsium, fosforus, sodium, potassium, vitamin A dan C serta niasin.

Buah kurma harus dijadikan makanan harian kerana manfaat yang tinggi.

Berbuka puasa pastinya tidak lengkap tanpa buah kurma walaupun sebiji.

Sebaik baik makanan untuk sahur juga adalah buah kurma …..

I am giving this as a Iklhas gift for my friends like Shah, Wan, Wahid … They have helped me much when I started new in the field of work involving Solid Works, handling drawings in the format of TAF, GEO, DXF. 
Without them, I would have failed to excel. 

I have learned about Buah Kurma (Dates) and Ramadhan in the year 1996 when my wife, Evelyn introduced the fruit to me. It was when she bought them in crates for a rehab center. Since then I know how important kurma is for Ramadhan.

Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan

Ingatan Tulus Ikhlas

Dari Blogger | Orang Melaka
Malam Ahad 28th June 2014

Comments