同安马港镇公历 My Father | China ~ Melaka

同安马港镇公历
This photograph was taken in Fujian, China, Tong'an District in the year 1936 August the 11th. My father Ong Tian Swee was standing on the 3rd from the left. 我的父亲, 王天水.

Tong'an District is a northern mainland district of Xiamen which faces Kinmen.


我的父亲 | 中国 ~ 马六甲 

My mum told us that he reached Melaka by sea. He had got his Certificate Of Inoculation from the Amoy Quarantine Service, Ministry of Health, China on 1st July 1947.

When Tun Abdul Razak made a historic visit to China on May 31, 1974, both China and Malaysia established diplomatic ties. Malaysia became the first member country of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) to establish diplomatic relations with China. Even though at fourteen, I was elated when watching the news on black and white TV. As teen, I learn about Malaysia and is impressed by China.

40 years apart, the ties is valued when Tun Razak's son, Najib Razak said that he attaches great importance to Malaysia~China relations and is willing to preserve the tradition of his father's friendly policies towards China. Now, at fifty-four, I am so touch with Najib Razak's charismatic leadership. As adult, I love Malaysia and is attracted by China.

What is upset whenever China come to my mind is my grandma. I've never seen my grandma in person.
What I am so up for China is that my papa first home has produced relatives in Canada, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, France, Singapore, Malaysia, United States ...

Dedicated to my father this Father's Day June 15.

Comments