Needed Attention


An employer decided to honor each of his employees by telling them the difference they had made. He called each employees to the front of the assembly one at a time. First he told each of them how they made a difference to him, his work group and the company. Then he presented each of them a button imprinted with gold letters which read, “Who I am make a difference”

One of the employee said, “I know I am not perfect but I am so close. That scares me.” With this remark from his employee, he decided to make a workforce project to see what kind of impact such recognition would have on a community. In launching his research, he gave 5 more buttons to each employee and asked them to spread the recognition gesture. They are to get results from their encounters and to feedback to the workforce on who honour who.

One of the employee went to a supplier’s plant and honoured an executive who helped him in his career planning. He pinned a button on the executive’s shirt. He gave the executive an extra button and told him that he is doing a workforce project on recognition. The executive has to find someone to accord recognition and give him a button.

www.123rf.com
Later on the same day, the executive walked into the office of his boss who is a grumpy type. The executive told his boss, “You’re a creative genius.” The boss is surprised and at the same time felt elated. The executive asked his boss whether he would accept the recogniton button and permit him to pin the button. The happy boss answered, “Yes, sure.” The executive took a button and placed it on his boss jacket right above his heart. After that, the excutive asked the boss again. “Would like to have an extra button and pass in on by honouring someone else.” “Our customer who is here to audit our standards is doing a workforce recogniton project and we want to keep this going and see how it affects the people.” said the executive.

The boss reached home late that night and sat with his awake kid in the study room. The father told his son, “An amazing event happened in the office today. An executive told me that I’m a creative genius and pinned a button on me. Imagine, Am I a creative genius ? For that reason, he pinned a button on my jacket that read, Who I am make a difference. He gave me an extra button and asked to find someone to honour. While driving home, I think who should I honour with this button. I think about you. I want to honor you.”

Comments