HOPEFUL KOREANS TO SUCCESSFUL KOREANS


Like North Vietnam and South Vietnam, Korea will probably remain divided for years to come. South Korea was under a dictatorial regime for 12 years from 1948 to 1960. But things changed in 1960 when its young people who are among the best-educated in the Far East become hopeful Koreans. With the hopeful Koreans, South Korea's economic condition cannot fail to improve after the ruins left by the 1950-1953 war.

Ki Tse is the legendary founder of Korea who settled in Pyongyang in about 1100 B.C. and for a long time Koreans only enjoyed temporary peace. In the early fifties, Koreans still weaved bundles of bamboo for their thatched roof, with gables and ridge-pole to rebuild their homes. While other Asians were enjoying newspapers and radios, Koreans were getting news from wall notices.

Elephants, lions, tigers and that sorts ... have become great symbols to people all over. When I was bottling milk to my baby son, I told him that the orang utan would listen and would climb down from the roof when he began to cry. So too, was a story about a terrified tiger who found that the Korean child stop crying because of another, the food, "kokum ~ the sweetmeat" but not the tiger. Animism is a belief of souls by the Korean beside Buddhism and Confucianism. Koreans since then have also become Christians.

http://michanpetite.blogspot.com/
Beating clothes with a stick to make them snow-white is done in Korea as with other parts of Asia. The Koreans have since then not only successful in manufacturing, telecommunication technology, automotive, engineering, construction etc...... but also in cuisines.

I tasted "kimchi" when my daughter, Sandra, introduced the sauerkraut and turnips combination at Daorea Korean BBQ Restaurant in Melaka. http://daorae.blogspot.com Call +6062922616 to make your bookings.

No doubt I had seen local women beating clothes with a stick to make them snow-white in my village when I was young, but I never knew that I could enjoy the "Kimchi" , "Ddukbokki" , "Andong Braised Chicken" , "Yook-Gae-Jang" , "Gal-bi-tang Short Rib Beef Soup" , and "Hweh Sashimi". Korean food is now my favourite food.

18 years after Seoul was made the capital of the Republic of Korea in 1948, their GDP per capita was only US$130. As Korea's greatest hope was for the future of her children, Koreans have successfully reached US$1,900 per capita in 1990. Today, their per capita stand at US$16,000. I am learning to watch Korean drama, listen to Korean song and eating Korean food. I love all !

Comments